Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Rude Boy" (Music Video) - Rihanna

I first saw this video on Vh1's Top 20 Video Countdown. I'm not the biggest Rihanna fan but when I saw this video, directed by Melina, I couldn't help but watch. The flamboyant colors immediately capture you along with the extremely catchy hook. Whenever Rihanna says "want, want, want" or "boom, boom, boom" The words pop out in that pattern behind her. The video is clearly influnced by pop art.




The song itself has old school Rihanna written all over it, taking influence from her Bajan roots in Barbados. And the flashy colors assist the songs island flare; Rihanna even looks like her pre- Good Girl Gone Bad self when she dons a long brown wig for some of the video, but she still keeps it like her current self with the golden spiked leotard. And don't be fooled by the song's bright presence; this is the third single from RiRi's Rated R album and it's a little naughty. Lyrics like "I like the way you touch me there/I like the way you pull my hair/Baby, if I don't feel it/I ain’t faking, no no" are matched by Rihanna's suggestive moves on a lion and her coy winking after the verse.



I really enjoyed this video! Watch it below, and tell me your thoughts in the comments. :)













Credit: Ultimate-Rihanna, MTV.com





Wibiya