Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Rhyme: "I Look So Good (Without You)" - Jessie James


"I Look So Good (Without You)" was written by Jessie James, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, and Savan Kotecha. The song was released on August 4, 2009 to iTunes and released to radio on August 25th. Rudy Klapper from Sputnikmusic said of the song: "James is at her best when she’s imitating Aguilera’s brazen sass on the rhyming verses of “the song,” perhaps the only tolerable real ballad on the album".

I heard this song today at the hair dresser and I really thought it was a really sweet, wonderful song. I've never heard a song about a woman whose broken up with her beau put into lyrics like that. I love the way Jessie sounds in this song. It is much more tolerable to hear her sing in this song and she sings it very well. Some compare her vocal stylings to the likes of Christina Aguilera, LeAnn Rimes, or Carrie Underwood. Of the three, I think she sounds the most like Carrie with a mix of Rihanna. I really like this song; it's a sweet typical pop ballad.



Picture credit: Wikipedia
Source: Sputnikmusic

Wibiya